View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 02:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 378/295/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Inspiration for all who are discouraged

I just thought this may inspire someone here who may be getting frustrated because the scale is not moving, or having doubts about this WOL, or who thinks this program does not work. I have been recording my weight loss and measurements since I started this WOL in Jan. and I have attached them. I am so close to the 2's, I can taste it!

First Measurements Jan 4, 2004
Weight: 378 pounds
Shoulders: 68 inches
Chest: 67 inches
Waist: 60 inches
Stomach: 69 inches
Hips: 68 inches
Calves: 20 inches

Measurements Feb. 15, 2004 21 inches lost since last measurement!
Weight: 339 pounds (lost 39 pounds)
Shoulders: 63 inches (lost 5 inches)
Chest: 63 inches (lost 4 inches)
Waist: 56 inches (lost 4 inches)
Stomach: 66 inches (lost 3 inches)
Hips: 64 inches (lost 4 inches)
Calves: 19 inches (lost 1 inch)

Measurements: March 5, 2004 11 inches lost since last measurement!
Weight: 312 pounds (lost 27 pounds)
Shoulders: 61 inches (lost 2 inches)
Chest: 60 inches (lost 3 inches)
Waist: 53.5 inches (lost 2.5 inches)
Stomach: 64 inches (lost 2 inches)
Hips: 63 inches (lost 1 inch)
Calves: 18.5 inches (lost 1/2 inch)

*Note, I started exercizing and drinking 12 glasses of water daily on 3-6-04
Measurements: April 7, 2004 18.5 inches since last measurement!
Weight: 309 pounds (lost 3 pounds)

Shoulders 57 inches (lost 4 inch)
Chest 56.5 inches (lost 3.5 inches)
Waist 49.5 inches (lost 4 inches)
Stomach 61 inches (lost 3 inch)
Hips 60 inches (lost 3 inches)
Calves 17.5 inches (lost 1 inch)

Total loss of inches since starting LC WOL, 1-4-04 = 50.5
Total loss of pounds since starting LC WOL, 1-4-04 = 69 pounds

My loss of inches nearly doubled from the previous month but I only lost 3.5 pounds the entire month! Just because the scale is not moving does not mean the fat is not moving! I added exercise 4 times a week ('Sweatin' to the Oldies' workout video by Richard Simmons) and started drinking at least 12 glasses of water a day and I believe this made a huge difference because I am building lean muscle mass but LOSING fat.

So please, keep on keeping on! The scale is really not the true indicator of our success, but rather the tape measure. I would be happy to weigh 250 pounds if my measurements were 36-24-36 . And, if I can do it, anyone can. I used to be the biggest quitter and complainer of all times when it came to losing weight. I have been on every "diet plan" imaginable and NONE of them worked for me past the first week or so (which was usually water weight loss anyways) but this is going to be permanent.

I just went through an awful time, I fell off the wagon for a few days and then ended up in the hospital with kidney stones and could have easily given up and used that as an excuse. There will ALWAYS be a reason or excuse that we can use to quit. And if there is not an excuse, we will conjure one up. But, we have to remember to pick ourselves up (immediately) and dust ourselves off and keep on going. When you feel like you are at the end of your rope, just tie a knot and HOLD ON!

I hope this will give someone encouragement.......have a great LC day all.
Sponsored Links