View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 19:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, the YMCA & praying like the dickens!
Stats: 240/228.5/125 Female 63
BF:God Only Knows!
Progress: 10%
Default Hi Zymi :)

Wow, I was beginning to think I was the only one in Washington

As for hiding behind your weight, I truly know where you're coming from. I've been hiding behind my weight for close to 20 years, to avoid the comments & sexual harassment I'd been dealing with since I was 11.

Have you read Dr. Phil's book? Though I don't agree with the low-fat, low-calorie mentality he uses, he does have a TON of information and soul-searching, and helps a lot with the issues that leads people to be overweight to begin with. He addresses the very issue of hiding behind the weight, as he says, we all get something from being heavy.........

Email me anytime, I have a lot of experience in the area!

This WOL is great, it works and it's a lifetime commitment I've made to myself. Sometimes I just check out from the world, just want to be alone, and I know I will have to deal with feelings that have long been buried as I lose this weight, but I did a lot of "preparing" and dealing with myself before I started low-carbing & going to the gym, so I felt ready.

Also, as food is being replaced for a source of comfort as you lose weight, you'll need to find something to replace that comfort, perhaps the gym, a hobby, reading, walking, something to look forward to besides food, that way food doesn't seem so obsessive. I can't say I was ever obsessive about food myself, but now I'm definitely obsessed with the gym, I find I cannot wait to get out of work so I can just GO! I've started running, and I know I will always be a treadmill girl, I'll probably never run on the street, due to the comments I used to get all the time, most not very nice. I feel very safe at the gym actually, no one cares if I'm sweating in my baseball hat and big shirt. It's the YMCA, people just come to work out, it's not so much a meat market I've seen at other places...............

Don't forget, you're dealing with a lot of stuff, just deal with it one at a time, read Dr. Phil's book and check out his Weight Loss Challenge online at www.drphil.com, because all the people on the challenge have overcome MAJOR obstacles before they could even begin to lose weight.

Have a great day!

C