Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 19:23
There and Back Again

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Default Day 29 & 30

Day 29:

15" Abs (hard) + 35" Tai Fit + 25" elliptical (1.30 miles 2.9 mph, level 3 - walk in the park)

Day 30:

15" Abs + 15" Arms + 35" Tai Fit + 30" elliptical (1.48 miles 3.0 mph, level 3 -random)

I've discovered that doing the elliptical during my late afternoon lunch break is heavenly. I've been craving more exercise... seems like I want to keep doing things.

I posted the following in Atlee's journal... thought I would add it here, too:

I find it curious that I am not exhausted or having any symptoms of glycogen burn out because I have stayed at pretty low OWL level carbs (20 - 30) for the past year with no energy defecit, no noticeable low blood sugar or blood pressure slump (maybe in the morning I have a little vertigo at worst), and recently put myself on an "exercise every day" plan since March 8th. I keep expecting to hit a bump, but instead for some reason my endurance keeps going up. Every day I start with 15" of abdominals (rotating with 15" really hard abdominals every other day) via a DVD do a 35" cardio kick-boxing DVD daily and alternate 15" of rapid 8 lb dumbells via DVD also in both hands every other day.

I've noticed definite muscle toning and development and recently my energy level has gone up to the point that I was scouting for something more to do later in the day, which has turned out to be about a 25 - 30" workout on ellipticals at my gym. Great stress reducer.

It feels so good to be able to do this.

I have noticed that naturally my body is craving more protein and usually less fat (it bounces around some), but not more carbs other than occasionally a veggie smorgasbord (we have been going to a Mongolian grill every Sunday after our dance class, and I load up on lc veggies to my heart's content).