View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 19:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Losing weight = Loss in Numbness

A post that Irisda wrote got me to thinking about how I've been feeling which led me to post this. It's a feeling I'd been trying to ignore, so I wouldn't deal with it and keep the weight on. Thanks for the wake-up call Irisda

Since I've started losing weight, I've noticed patterns in my behavior where I'm seeking numbness. The drop in pounds does scare me a little because I'm getting closer to that thin Melaney, the one that will probably get more attention...and I feel like I won't have the weight to hide behind. I know it sounds strange, hiding behind weight, but it makes me feel secure for some reason. When I'm losing weight, sometimes I'll take naps just to get away from feeling things...to get myself numb. Eating prior to LC made me feel numb from that carb lull you get afterwards. I'm tired of using numbness as a crutch and having it in my way of losing weight. Has anyone been dealing with this/or dealt with this? What do you replace this desire for numbness with? How do you get used to letting yourself feel so much?
Sponsored Links