View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 09:55

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

This is a good thread.

Kristine, maybe limit yourself to one cup of coffee next time? Seriously, I agree with everything you said. On the other hand, I also agree with what Teresa said about taking responsibility.

I think Americans are becoming accustomed to larger and larger portions, and have come to think they are actually entitled to them. Why would all-you-can-eat buffets be so popular if people didn't demand tons of food? Have you ever heard someone rave about a restaurant and say, " . . . and their portions are so reasonable" ? Not likely. Most people go to a restaurant and feel somehow gyped (yes, that's the way you spell it, I even looked it up!) if their plates are not overflowing with food.

I like Kristine's idea of a "Big Food" lobby, like the "Big Tobacco" lobby. But you know what? If more of us ate the way we were meant to -- fresh foods, not processed junk -- they would not be in business long. Sure, it's great that you can now buy LC this and LC that at your corner market, but do we really want to substitute high-carb junk with low-carb junk?

What the book really showed me is that we're all in this together. Whether you're 338 pounds or 138 pounds, we all have the same demons when it comes to food.