View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 18:47

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Missydog - you are not alone - it is a true transition when you really take this WOE into your heart and not just your head - sounds a bit *moushy* I know, but it's a fact. We get distracted by the weight loss and it becomes a main focus. But when you hit goal girl, you better have something else to focus ON - because there will be no more weight to lose. That's why some people gain it back.

Homegirl - just keep in mind how you felt the day BEFORE you started LC'ing. Compare THAT day to now, don't compare yesterday to today - you'll drive yourself nuts - keep your before pic near you all the time, if you have to.

I use very little artificial sweeteners - I treat myself to a small cheesecake sweetened with no more than 1/4 cup of Splenda about once a month - I used to take it in coffee but knocked that off January this year.

However, I will confess - I have the occasional (about once a month) treat of REAL maple syrup (usually on pancakes). It could be just my own twisted thinking - but I believe that my food should come from the farm, not the laboratory. Quite frankly, I feel better about having the once a month maple syrup than I do about the once a month Splenda.