#5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 08:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Has anyone read this yet? I read about it in a magazine several months ago, but it hadn't been published yet, so I had to wait. I finally got it last week and spent the weekend reading about it.

...I've been whining lately about being so tired of weighing my food and counting not only carbs and fat, but now calories, too. Other people go through life without counting and weighing, and they're normal weight. Why not me?

Because I'm addicted to food. I can wake up in the morning thinking about the cheesecake in the fridge.

She finally came to the conclusion that she needs to watch what she eats every single day for the rest of her life. No, it's not fair, but it is reality. If she doesn't, she'll gain back the fat. Me, too.

Anyone else read the book?

Hi - it's on my reading list and I will get to it but appreciate your sharing. Your note made me laugh just a little since for some reason last night I dreamt I was eating jelly beans - forgetting that I was not eating sugar. Now, I enjoy jelly beans maybe once a year - they aren't my favorite anything so I have no idea why I dreamt about them but I do think about food more than I would like. I can be eating dinner and wondering - planning what we will do for dinner the next night. Some of this is genuine planning, which is good, some of it is just my obsession with food.

I dream that someday I will not have to think about food - that I will be able to make the right choices without thinking about them - but I suspect I will come to the same conclusion as the writed - I will never have a normal relationship to food and if I don't somehow begin to understand and internalize that, all of my work will end up the way it has in the past - with no long term success. So, that is one of my long term goals.

Thanks for sharing,
PecanPie