#8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 13:21

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink welcome to tessal

hi Tessal!
I am new to this forum too. But am thankful for the opportunity to touch base with folks that are dealing with the same struggles. I started low carbing in July of this year, and am totally encouraged with the results. I know it will take me over a year to get the excess weight off. But it took me a while to put it on, I expect it will take time to come off. I've seen friends lose much weight quickly only to put it back on. I don't want that to happen to me. So I'm OK with the gradualness of this way of life.
I think I eat between 30 and 50 carbs a day. I don't count them fanatically. I just choose protein and vegies instead of sweets and breads. If I need bread, I let myself have 1 or 2 low carb breads a day. But they are filled with fiber and not empty carbs. I had heard about the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet almost 5 years ago. But I dismissed it because I thought I could never live without sweets and bread. But once I read enough about it, and it made so much sense. I had to try and see if it would work for me.
I really believe I have found the solution to my life struggle. I had felt so hopeless. But not anymore. Thank God!