#4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-01, 12:14
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default hi Holly

I tried Toradol 15+ yrs ago for menstrual pain .. and it did nothing .. .. Everybody's different.

Low-carbing and ketosis aren't going to affect the drug in any way. The Toradol has GI bleeding, ulcers etc as side effects (just like all of the other NSAIDS) ... these will happen if they're going to, regardless of the diet. Eating HIGH-carb actually might be worse .. since carbs/sugar stimulate high INSULIN levels, and insulin plays a role in triggering excess acid levels in the stomach. So if anything, low-carbing will be helpful.

One warning I noticed was that alcohol will really increase the risk of gastric bleeding, so you might want to avoid any alcoholic drinks, even wine, while you're taking toradol. Another thing ... just like other NSAIDS, it can cause fluid and salt retention ... leading to high blood pressure and swelling of the feet and ankles .. so it would be wise to cut back on salt and salty foods -- bacon, ham, pickles, cheese, mayonnaise .. try to find salt-reduced versions.

As I stated in the post above, ketosis and ketones aren't harmful to the kidneys or liver -- but the toradol might be.

Doreen