View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 05:41

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

My first day of "clean PP" went well. I was a little hungry at bedtime, but stuck it out and didn't have anything I didn't plan on. Today will be similar, food-wise. I'll post tonight.

And, drumroll please . . . down to 166 this morning. This tells me that the 168 for the past few days was water retention, but why would I be retaining water?

And, another drumroll please . . . no wine or alcohol all week! (Well, maybe one sip of DH's one night.)

I think clean PP will work well for me. I'm still reading on the CALP board, thought. An awful lot of people have lost serious pounds on the plan. I've asked several what they typically eat, and they mention pizza, desserts, etc. Some are losing a steady 2 pounds a week!

I guess it just goes to show that everyone is different. I just felt lousy for the two weeks I tried it -- carb fog?

It's embarrassing, though, to give up on a plan after only two weeks because (in my best whiney voice) "I don't feel good." People say that all the time about Atkins, for example, and I've always felt like saying (in my best drill instructor voice) "Suck it up, Marine! It will pass!"

At least I can say the CALP is now in my repertoire. It didn't work for me this time, but maybe another time it will. Such is life.

On a personal note, my friend at work sold my car for me yesterday! I'm going in to work late this morning so I can stop at the bank and pick up the title from the safety deposit box. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner -- after all, I knew it would be sold sometime. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

Have a great day! I'll try to pop in tonight again.