View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 11:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

I spent soooo much time this morning writing a post, only to find that it no longer exists!!!! That makes me very mad

Weight is down to 148.5 today. I did my second day of cardio yesterday. It was much harder than the first. The only reason I made it was b/c DBF was there coaching me along. Today and tomorrow will be rest days. I've never made it beyond this point in the past with cardio routines. I'd get motivated but never beyond a couple sessions. I'm curious to see what the results will be if I stick to it this time, both physically mentally. It's going to take everything I have to stay motivated, though.

I read this book yesterday called The Body Code, which basically divides everyone into one of four body types, each with their ideal nutrition/exercise plan. I wasn't expecting much by it, but it seemed interesting, so I gave it a whirl. At first, I thought I was a "warrior" b/c I've always thought that I am a mesomorph, with a fair amount of muscle. I always assumed I wasn't an ectomorph b/c they are skinny or an endomorph, b/c they are usually pear-shaped. After reading all the descriptions however, I decided I was actually a "communicator", to a tee. Communicators are actually ectomorphs, which surprises me, b/c I don't think of myself as thin. But then I read further that overweight communicators take on an apple-shape (yep that's me). So many other characteristics described me as well: long, thin limbs; tendency to take on excess weight in the middle of the body; tendency to be cold all the time; cravings for sugars, caffeine, and grains; blood sugar fluctuations; moodiness; easily irritable; often overachievers. It was crazy how true this all was of me. I guess in a way I am not too surprised about being an ectomorph b/c I do have very long arms and legs that are quite thin, and a borderline small bone structure. And although I have some muscle in my legs, I've never been known for having any upper body strength. So then I go on to read that the ideal diet for communicators is lean meats, veggies, and monounsaturated fats like nuts. Sound familiar???? The prescribed exercise routine is moderate aerobics, mostly for recovery from stress, and moderate strength training. From reading this, I decided that it would be best to completely cut out caffeine and give up artificial sweeteners. I feel much more balanced and content throughout the day without both. I keep going back to them, b/c I crave them, but I think they increase my insulin and then I get snacky the rest of the day. I just found this book interesting b/c it seemed to describe me so well, at least nutritionally in how I seem to do best.

Bawdy-Your post yesterday and in your journal encompasses everything I've been feeling lately. Sometimes I think we have to stray in order to realize where we belong and renew our motivation. At first I was mad at myself for trying CAD, but I have let it go. It was something I needed to do at the time, and I learned from it. I feel rejuvinated again toward Protein Power, and it sounds like you are as well. Here's to new beginnings!