#21   ^
Old Thu, Nov-01-01, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 223/193/153
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi Seema,

You've had so many wonderful replies in this thread, and I just wanted to add my two cents.

I'm glad you picked up one of the low carb books to really understand low carbing and how it affects your body physiologically.

In your first message you wondered how you'd be able to stay on this for a long period. Well as the others have said, it's all about adjusting it to your needs. The plan I'm on (Schwarzbein) allows more carbs than Atkins, but it's something I know I'll be able to stick with. My husband and 13 year old daughter are also on it. My daughter has lost about 20 lbs and doesn't need to lose any more, so basically she's started adding more carbs into her diet. If you're the cook in the family, then your 12 year old and your husband can do this right along with you, just add some additional carbs into their diet, potatoes, rice, bread. They'll never know the difference. They will most likely be eating healthier than before.

I truly see this as a life long way for me to eat. When I go into the maintenance phase (probably a year from now) I'll simply add a few more carbs into my diet. But I don't ever want to go back to the way we were. Tired, heart burn, constant cravings. All that has changed. good luck to you.