View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 15:47

Plan: lc plan
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 0'0
BF:
Progress: 86%

First off you'll have a great time. I live in the best city in the states! You can have raw oysters at Acme Oyster House (i think it is on decatur) or try Mike Andersons it is fantastic. Boiled crawfish or shrimp would be LC and are fabulous. I always liked Frankie and Johnnie's on Arabella St. but you would have to take a cab there. If you take the streetcar down st.charles you can go to Houstons, Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro, etc. You can do walking tours of the garden district and cemeteries. You don't need to overpay a guide to walk you around. You can buy a book and do it yourself. Plus half the stuff they say on those things is BS anyway, made up to make the tourists happy.

Stay away from crap like Bubba Gumps or Hard Rock Cafe, it's all deep fried and not worth wasting carbs on when you can go to the real resteraunts in the city!!!

If you were going to cheat this is a great city to do it. Mothers has great poboys & Central Grocery has good muffaletas.

You can drink diet coke and rum, that is low in carbs. But you should definatly try a hurricane if you want to splurge, they are delicious & you don't even notice your consuming alcahol with them. Daquiri places are on every corner too if you prefer those. You can go to margaritaville & get a good burger. Oh and old dog, new trick is a vegetarian cafe that's menu is online.

Have a great trip!!!