View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/126/120 Female 5'4
BF:26%
Progress: 67%
Default This gets a little menstrual, sensitive men may wish to skip!

Well, thank you for the quick replies -- wow, the Internet's great, isn't it!

As for TOM, kind of tricky; I'm on the Pill, so my cycle is artificial, so to speak. I don't usually get PMS symptoms when I'm on the Pill (one of the reasons I take it; another one is that I've had benign ovarian tumors in the past, so my doc thinks the Pill is essential). Yes, I'm two days away from the withdrawal week of the Pill. (For those of you who don't know, when you take the Pill, you usually stop taking it every three weeks to allow your body to have a "withdrawal bleed," which is kind of like a period, but not really, in that you're bleeding in response to the withdrawal of artificial hormones, not in response to your own hormones -- it's not really a natural cycle.) But this month is a little different, since I didn't stop taking the Pill during my last cycle, because with my boyfriend visiting from out of town, it would have been really inconvenient to have a period then. (My doctor says it's fine to do that every now and again.) Given this, I reckon my body doesn't KNOW I'm about to have a period. So yes, in a sense, I am premenstrual ... but how the heck would my body know?

Incidentally, it's evening now -- I live in Europe -- and I notice my mood and energy are picking up a bit again, as they have since I started this WOE. Isn't low-carbing supposed to eliminate the afternoon slump?