View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 08:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Today is my measurement day. I weighed 149. After spending the last 3 months not gaining or losing inches, I gained 1.75" last week alone! So now I am back where I was in December. How depressing, but I have to get over it. The damage has been done and crying about it won't change anything. Also, I started that cardio workout yesterday. Does anyone know if I should expect a slight gain as my body adjusts to the exercise? I think Renee often reports a gain of water when she's exercised intensely. The increase in inches is definitely from my poor eating on vacation, and boy am I ever feeling it in my clothes. So, I am back on track. I am going to try a week of strict calories, less than 1300 to try to get myself moving in the right direction. I don't think I can just jump back into what I used to do before CAD, b/c that had me maintaining, not losing. So I have to get this weight off first, then should be able to go back to 1400 cals per day.

Something else I feel like I need to commit to is the complete removal of all artificial sweeteners and caffeine from my diet. Both seem to cause an insulin release in me, b/c I get sooooo cravy after eating them. I just finished a breakfast without both and actually feel content. So as much as I like my gum, green tea, and daVinci's, I know they are not best for me. Now that I've made public these commitments, hopefully I will be more likely to stick to them. I don't think it will be too hard, though, if I realize that I feel better without them.

Bawdy-I was having similar findings with CAD, shocked at how high my calories were most days. At first it didn't seem to affect me, but that third week was what really did it in for me. Now, you may have a different experience, b/c you do seem to be balancing your RM a bit better than I did. I do think 2 weeks isn't enough time to really tell how you are responding to something to new, like you said. You are having more patience than I did with making modifications. I just got too scared and felt too out of control that I had to go back to what I know. Keep us posted on it all