View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 12:13

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Cool idea! If you do not get your local stores' ads in the paper, most stores now post them online. I look at Meijer, Kroger, Giant Eagle and Wild Oats online every week.

In general, I find really good prices on eggs, meats and cheeses at Sam's Club - even better than sales at my regular groceries. However, I prefer organic products, so I scour the Wild Oats ads and stock up when they have a really good sale.

I do the majority of my weekly shopping at Trader Joe's for Kemps heavy cream (the best that I've found - very thick!), Greek yogurt, sparkling water, Niman Ranch bacon, chicken sausages, frozen chicken, frozen fish, bagged salad greens, and nuts; the quailty is incredible and the prices are much cheaper than Wild Oats.

If grocery money is a concern, and I believe it is for most of us, try making a price book (as termed by Amy Dacyczyn in the Tightwad Gazette) where you make a master list of whatever you buy and check each store to see where it is available cheapest. This also helps to determine if a sale is really a sale, and if a coupon is worth using.