#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 10:48

Plan: Atkins since 04-01-04
Stats: 190/216.5/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: -133%
Wink Things I wish I knew Then!

If I had only known..
1. That when you start this WOL, stick with it till you reach your goal.
2. That if you yo-yo alot, each time it gets harder.
3. Once you have the ball rolling, don't stop!

I lost s-o-o-o easy when I first started. I though, if it's this easy to lose weight, there's no reason to ever be fat again. I had never had to lose before. I had always been thin. Till a couple of surgeries and I hit the big 4-0! I then crept up from my 155-160# to a healthy 218, at my top weight. I thought, I could just use this low carb thing any time I gained weight back and it would drop back off like the 1st time. Boy, was I wrong. I'm sure it will work again, but I am having to work too. I did not do induction the 1st time. Just cut down to 100 carbs a day, and watched 44#'s fall off in about 5 months.I wrote this in case there is anyone out there as naive as I was. Like I said ' If I had only known ' I would have never stopped short of my goal. I guess it was a learning experience.. I know now that WHEN I hit my goal, I have to maintain it!

I also live by a stolen quote;
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

I have just used my 2 y.o. grandsons washable markers to put it on my mirrors and frig door! I thought about stenciling it on the top of my kitchen wall as a border!LOL!

I hope this helps someone else. I always have to do things..MY WAY..the hard way!
Sponsored Links