View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 09:46

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hmmm

I tried for a long time to be able to have a diet Pepsi with my lunch CM, but it invariably stalled my weight loss. So, I have finally given up on that idea and I only have diet pop with my RM now. I do however have one packet of splenda in my morning weekday coffee, which is drank in under 15 minutes. I would be very wary of having any more splenda outside of my RM, just because it says in the book that having the sweet taste can set off insulin production, the same as sugar. If that is true, then it would be the same for splenda as for any other sweetner, I would assume. But, really .. there is no other way to know for sure if YOU need to limit it, other than to try it. The best way would be to have a clean start to CAD, without any sweetners for a few weeks to see how you do, then to gradually add it back and see how it affects you. If you just have it right off, you won't really know if a stall is because of the splenda or because of the switch to CAD.

It is hard to give it up, believe me, I know! But I drink a LOT more water now that I don't have the other drinks, so that has to be good for me.

Good luck!