View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 23:02

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

I am pregnant and staying LC too. I am keeping between 70 and 90 net carbs a day. My doctor said splenda and stevia were fine during pregnancy but she would rather my 'sweets' be fruit if I was having a craving. She also said that 70 to 90 net carbs was perfectly safe and that my menus looked great. She asked me to add back whole grain bread, and brown rice, whole yogurt and to add a little more fruit and nuts than what I was eating before. That was pretty much all I changed for pregnancy other than adding back fish just while I am pregnant. Oh I was also asked by my doctor to drop the protein shakes and bars she said that my protein should come from 'real' foods. Anyways, goodluck with your pregnancy and staying LC! I hope you will find a doctor that is as supportive as mine!

Jenn

Edit <oh what helps with my cravings most the times are smoothies. I make a blueberry cheesecake one with 1 cup of enhanced soymilk, 1 4oz vanilla dannon LC yogurt, 1/2 cup of FROZEN blueberries, 1 TBL of cream cheese, 4 ice cubes... blend until smooth.> Sometimes I add different fruits for the blueberries and keep the rest the same. I am sure you could use the LC regular or chocolate milk if you don't like soy but even my soy hating husband likes them just like I make them.