View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 13:49

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Yes...I'm pretty sure the symptoms are from the tomatoes and onions. The only things I eat besides meat and veggies are some lc candy in the evenings, lc dairy products (milk & yogurt) and every once in a while I'll have some lc bbq sauce and Diet Rite. But the only time I've experienced low blood sugar symptoms since starting this woe is when I ate cottage cheese the first time (was really bad) and after I've had a fair portion of tomatoes and onions in the same meal (not as bad). I do spread my carbs throughout the day. I'm at 30 carbs, get most of them from veggies, and have approximately 8-9 per meal. I don't drink caffiene at all.

Like I said, the symptoms have come pretty soon after having the tomato and onion at the same meal - and I always have a good amount of protein with them. The symptoms aren't bad, could probably even live with them...but I'm going to play with it a bit.

The trouble I meant was with the cottage cheese. The first time I ate it, RIGHT after I got up and walked across the room...by the time I got there I was VERY light headed and dizzy, just like in the old days. This really scared me, but recieved advice here to try it again. I ate 3 1/2 cup servings one week, skipping a day between servings. I discovered that each of the days I ate it I was up on the scale the next morning. I did not have the extreme symptoms again. Someone had advised to eat it with protein so I did. But the extreme symptoms the first time, coupled with the weight gain on the days following when I ate it, kind of got me gun shy to cottage cheese. It's definately something I can live without, but wondered in general if anyone has found that something they had low blood sugar symptoms from, or weight gain/stall from could be added in later stages of the wol.

Thanks!