View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 00:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default I don't like stalls.....

any more than the rest of you. Of course, a true stall is 6 weeks with no weight loss while following the program to the letter, no cheating. Based on that criteria, I have not had a stall, however I sure felt like the body was stalled *LOL*

During periods of 'mini' stalls I tell myself that my body is just getting used to the new weight & getting over the trauma and shock of losing so many fat cells & excess water. Right now I'm stuck at 241, a weight that I probably spent a lot of time at on my way up the scale. I'm beginning to believe the theory that says if you were at a certain weight for a long time during your 'growth' phase, you'll spend a lot of time there while 'shrinking'. I'm not really sure about this theory, but I'll try to track this phenomenon as I lose weight.

The other way I console myself: Losing sloowwly will reduce the amount of baggy, sagging skin I'll have when I reach goal weight. On the one hand, I can't wait to be 145 or 140, but on the other, I'm not sure I'll like it if I'm sagging & need lots of lycra to hold all the flesh in place without jiggling.

Anybody else out in cyberland that can relate to what I've shared?

Ruth