View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 11:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/160/140 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 0%

I agree with the person who said that you should smile and say that you're glad she found something that works for her. The truth is that no single plan works for everybody. I am one of the people who has been very successful on a low fat diet. I lost almost 60 pounds about five years ago while exercising and following a low fat/high fiber diet. I had stayed the same weight for four years until last year at this time when I did Atkins to fit into a dress (I needed to lose weight quickly and someone told me Atkins might work.) It did work, and I lost 10 pounds in about six weeks. I was thrilled until I went back to the way I was eating before and all of the weight came back, plus about ten pounds extra. Now I'm struggling to get these 10 pounds off again so I'll be back to my 'normal' weight again.

So far this time around on Atkins I haven't been nearly as successful. One person said I'm not having enough fat, but the truth is, if I add that much fat into my diet, I have severe stomach pains. Also, the last time I was on Atkins, my cholestrol skyrocketed. My doctor said if I was going to do low carb, I need to also do low fat. Where's the fun in that?