View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 01:16

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Unsolicited comments from strangers (vent)

I'm sure we've all been there.

Today a co-worker -- her second day on the job, might I add, and our first real conversation -- commented negatively on my food choices. I did not comment on hers. I defended my lifestyle but I've been stewing over this all day.

I really am offended that a complete stranger would give unsolicited comments about MY life, MY eating plan and what I CHOOSE to do. She went on about her low fat diet, and losing 40lbs in two months. Good for her, weight loss isn't easy. But instead of feeling happy for her, I am angry because she judged my way of life, and because she believes the media spin doctoring of the low-carb diet.

She's no skinny minnie herself -- not that one person's weight is 100% indicative of a weight-loss plan -- so why she chose to comment I am unsure.

The silliest part was, her lecture occured while I was eating a SPINACH SALAD. How anyone can tell ME that my eating is unhealthy while I'm eating one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables, I do not know.

AUGH. Ok I'm done venting now. Sigh. I'll let her think what she likes and as she sees me go down the scales perhaps I can be an example of how low carb can work for some people.
Sponsored Links