View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 23:09

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Yep...veggies. They're the most important carbs to eat. I try to eat at least 3 servings per day. Higher carb ones on the list are spinach, green beans, zucchini, red cabbage, broccoli, onions and peppers. These are the ones I like. I started OWL about 4 weeks ago. I did a re-induction for two weeks prior and I was just eating the 3 cups salad (lower carb) veggies and only getting about 11-12 carbs per day. So my first additions were higher carb veggies and dairy. I have been spending two weeks at each carb level just to make sure nothing is causing problems...and because I still have about 25 lbs. left to go. I added nuts last week. Dr. A recommended eating the new food group only 3x the first week, then whenever you want. I've found this to be helpful with finding problem foods too. Cottage cheese was a problem food for me. This sunday I get to add berries (and they're on SALE)! I've followed the carb ladder, but after berries I'm going to skip to lc grains. After that it won't matter if my CCLL goes any higher. I'll have everything I need. OWL has been stressful for me...but it will be worth it. I'll know how to eat to not only maintain my weight, but to be healthy too.