View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 15:26

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
thanks for the encouragement! i am hoping tomorrow will be THE day. i am going to try and throw away the tempting stuff tonight.

Eve...as a famous intergalactic short little green dude with big ears once said, "There is no try. Do or do not." Take it from a professional procrastinator...I can always find a reason to put off starting something, like: "I can't bring myself to waste the junk food I have in the house. I'll just start when it's all gone." or "I can't start low carbing right now because I'm too stressed/busy/whatever. I'll just wait until my life calms down more."
My suggestion would be to not wait until tomorrow. Start with the very next thing you put in your mouth. If you can't bring yourself to throw away the high carb stuff you have in the house, box it up and bring it to a local food bank or shelter. Yes, I know...that stuff isn't good for anyone, but if it's a choice between that and starving, I think most folks would choose the less-than-good-for-you stuff over starving and this time of year many food banks are critically low on supplies and would more than likely be overjoyed at your donation.
You can get back on track, but not if you keep putting it off until tomorrow.
We're here rooting for ya!