Thread: Gap=Crap?
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 15:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/160/140 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 0%

My problem with the Gap jeans (and a lot of jeans these days for that matter) is that they're cut really small through the thighs. I'll find a pair that fit the waist but are really tight in the thighs. If they fit through my thighs, they're too big in the waist. Also, I'm all for pants with a little stretch or give in them, but the ones they make now are ridiculous. If you buy them to fit in the store, an hour after wearing them they're sagging in the butt and your crotch is at your knees. The other option is to get them tight in the store, but then you have to leave the house looking like a hooker because each time you wash them they'll shrink up and will take an hour of wearing to stretch them again. I'm tired of doing squats to stretch out my pants. What happened to good old fashion denim?

On another note...if you want to feel good about the size you wear, shop at Ann Taylor. I'm a pretty consistent size 10 in most brands but wear a 8 and sometimes even a 6 in Ann Taylor. When I was this same size a few years ago (5'5" approx 160 lbs), I was always a 12. Sizes have definitely changed.