View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 15:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 241/225/150
BF:
Progress: 18%
Unhappy fell off the lc wagon

I too fell off the wagon...I mean I was lcing for about six months last year and lost 25 lbs... and was ECSTATIC. I started slipping off of the wagon when I was bicycling.. I was doing long distance rides and just could not keep up my endurance w/o some carbs. Even though I watched it and tried to limit the carbs - I would crave them later. I mean I rationalized it that geez I'm riding my bike for six hours, I can have a friggin egg mcmuffin if I want it...or wait no it was the one w/ the syrup baked right in that got to me...

So I think I did prob work off those carbs during the course of my ride, but it did the most damage to me by inducing cravings and whittling away at my will power..

Happy to say I'm now back ON the wagon, but worried about getting back on my bike. I've lost another 15 lbs (this would be from the 30 that I gained)..and really need to lose about another 50 or so.

Some people report that they have more energy lcing and it just doesn't seem to work that way for me. Hopefully this year will be better. I've got more lc time under my belt before cycling season begins.

We'll see.