View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 13:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, the YMCA & praying like the dickens!
Stats: 240/228.5/125 Female 63
BF:God Only Knows!
Progress: 10%
Angry Such a scam..........

I just have to put my two-cents in...............

With this country gaining in epidemic proportions, our children with diabetes by age 5, entire grocery stores filled with life-killing junk food, schools filled with crap for breakfast & lunch. So along comes low-carb, a lifesaver in every sense of the word, but I see the same thing happening with low-carb. Low-carb products were supposed to be a supplement to eating a lot of protien and to give variety, but what you're seeing is HUGE amounts of low-carb products, all in the same junk-food versions that we've tried so hard to get AWAY from. Low-carb chips, cookies, bread, pasta. All the stuff that gave kids & adults diabetes & other diseases are now disguised as low-carb. We're getting away from the point of eating less carbs, more protien and instead just replacing the carbs with low-carb versions. This would work if done in moderation, but you know our society as a whole, it's just more more more.

The whole idea is to eat right, in moderation, with activity replacing mindless hours spent in front of the tv and doing little else.

I think whatever fast food place is getting rid of super-size meals is a great start though, but we need to put salad bars in schools, get rid of the soda machines and just have bottled water.

Ok, I'm done rambling..............thanks for letting me vent

C