#2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 09:53
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Lightbulb hi Nancy

Looks pretty good ... Protein Power recommends dividing the carb allotment evenly through the day, as you have done.

Does your plan allow the flexibility to have a few more carbs at a meal if the snack is lower than the 5 carbs? For example, 2 oz macadamias would yield approx. 2g carbs (after fiber) .. so you could have 8g carbs with the evening meal? This would permit a little more variety ... 5g carbs per meal is quite limiting ... especially if your protein also has some carbs (eggs, cheese, ham, seafood, sausage, etc.). I'm sure you'd like a little more veggie variety than just salads, broccoli and spinach ...

Also, do ensure that your portions of protein are adequate. You should be consuming a bare minimum of 60g per day ... one large egg has 6g protein in it ... so 2 eggs for brekkie is only 12g to start your day off.

Do be aware that the essential fatty acids in oils are destroyed by heating and cooking. I mention this because in your journal I see that you're using the nut oils for cooking. Don't ... Instead, use them unheated for dressing food and salads. Olive oil, butter and canola are the most stable for cooking with, ie their fatty acid profile doesn't change.

Your plan looks do-able, as long as you're careful to get enough protein.

Doreen