View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 06:23
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I concur with the others -- you are doing well. Most of us didn't gain the weight all at once and we can't expect to lose it all at once either. Hang in there! You are still losing and that's better than gaining or maintaining. When I started this, I told myself that I would continue low carbing as long as it stopped my continuous weight gain, unless I found something better. Not only did it stop my weight gain, but I have continue to lose (although very slowly for the past year) and I still haven't found anything better.

I took a fast look at the recent pages in your journal and noticed that you have been sick and on medication lately and have also had at least one instance of going off plan. Both those things will slow down your weight loss.

MisterE started out at a similar weight to you and he had a video of exercises he could do sitting down. You might want to stop by his journal or pm him and ask him about it. Also, when I started and was having a lot of back problems (which have gone away since I have lost over 100 pounds), I found that exercise in the water was the easiest thing for me. If you have access to a pool, you might consider just getting in there and moving around. Swimming is great if you know how to do it, but you don't need to swim to benefit from water exercise.