View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 23:03
Registered Member

Plan: basic low carb
Stats: 219/202/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Yeah... I'm not keen on supporting the propaganda, but I guess it's a practical thing for me; I know I'll get sick of packing leftovers or cold cuts if I don't get the frozen entrees. The entrees help me keep on track.

I also prefer buying those instead of supporting the cafeteria where I work, which has been obnoxiously unwilling to accommodate low-carbers. The previous vendor would let us get just the meat part of an entree and they'd weigh it, and charge by the ounce. The new vendor we got a few months back will only deduct $1 from the entree price--meaning we'd pay $4.25 for a couple ounces of turkey or roast beef (and on many days, the entree was hopelessly unsalvageable, with the little amount of meat completely mingled with starch -- sample menu: chimichanga, Spanish rice, and cornbread! or a heap of spaghetti with a hunk of garlic bread and one Italian sausage). A number of us are seriously peeved because we even submitted a page-long list of recommendations on how they could keep our business. They ignored it.

Anyway, I'm boycotting the cafeteria. Giving my money to Weight Watchers is the lesser of two evils in this case.