View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 12:42
SanePsychoSuprGodess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/191/115 Female 5' 1"
BF:46%/41%/20%
Progress: 16%

Congratulations on your new baby girl!!!!! Stay healthy for her -- I know exactly how you feel in wanting to be a certain weight by a certain date but I promise that if you follow this WOE properly you will feel better, look better and be healthier even if you don'tt get to your goal by July.

First things first -- I believe that you may have to reset your expectations -- it will be very challenging to lose 60 pounds in 4 months. This is not a quick weight loss diet. Everyone loses at their own pace -- you cannot necessarily decide what that pace will be even if you do Atkins perfectly.

Your Husband has lost more because larger people lose faster than smaller ones and in general men lose faster than women.

First tip is to skip the bars -- the sugar alcohols can cause severe cramping and diarrhea AND, for some people, they cause weight loss to halt. You are better off eating real food.

Second tip is to eat your salad! Not eating salad (or other veggies) will not help you lose -- in fact it will just make things more difficult because your body needs the fiber and nutrients. Going below 20 gms carbs will NOT make you lose faster...in fact some people have stalled because they went too low in carbs. You might want to go to Fitday.com and keep track of carbs there.

Drink your water, eat PLENTY of fat and be patient with yourself. The good news it that with this WOE you will look smaller at a higher weight than if you were eating in the traditional low fat, high carb way.

Take care of yourself. Ask more questions here. We are all here to support you!!! Best wishes.