View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 11:56

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ellie, you said your tan is coming along nicely. How long have you been tanning? I'm just starting to show, and I've gone 7 times already. I'm using a high-powered booth, and the maximum is 8 minutes. I've done 4, 5, 6, 5, 6, 7, and 8 minutes in that order. I'm using an accelerator (it's even a self-tanner).

What do I have for skin? Cow hide?

I'm showing only a little bit of color. In fact, no one at work has even noticed I'm tanning. The attendant even asked if any of the lotions or cosmetics I'm using have a sunscreen added to them. I said no, but double-checked anyway. Not one thing I'm using has a sunscreen.

I rarely wear sunscreen (and look for lotions and cosmetics that don't contain a sunscreen), partly because I don't seem to need it and partly because I don't like smearing chemicals on my body every single day of the year.

In the summer, it takes me around 3 to 3 1/2 hours to mow the lawn (riding mower). I wear a hat so my scalp doesn't burn, but other than that I use a sunscreen only when it's extremely hot. And I never burn or even tan much.

Is it weird to lose your ability to tan as you age? I used to burn somewhat easily, but now it's hard for me to get any color at all.

Weird.

By the way, I'm taking Friday afternoon off for a pedicure and a facial! I'm having my first Aveda facial -- they use all Aveda products. Little by little I've been switching over from the Victoria Principal line to the Aveda line. Their products smell so nice, and I like that they're "natural."

So that's my "off-topic" discussion for the day!