View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 10:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I walk three miles every other day but I really had to work up to that. At first, I could only walk about a half hour about a half mile. Being a smoker and very sedentary for years did not help .

But now I look forward to it enormously and enjoy it! I found some ripe oranges growing on the trail today an picked one to bring home.

I took the TDC fitness challenge and it is a great thing. You know, it is hard for us TDCers to get out there and do it. It is hard to do distance walking or any exercise when you take 100+ extra pounds with you everytime.

But exercise is one of the corner stones of successful weight loss. It will help keep us toned and mentally sharp. In the long run, it truly helps keep the weight off.

I know it's tough. Last time I was on Atkins I didn't exercise much other than taking the dog on short walks. Needless to say, I think that contributed a lot to my gaining it back rapidly.

Keep moving TDCers! If you are doing more than you used to, it is enough. We don't need to be triathaloners but just increasing our movement does wonders!

Orchid