View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 12:36
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 178/150/150
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Skim milk, oatmeal, diet drinks, orange juice, All Bran, strawberry yogurt, apples…

Quote:
Originally posted by luxy:
small amount of skim milk, 60 ml skim milk
No good. Too carby. Use cream (or at least half & half) instead…

Quote:
oatmeal, Kellogg's All Bran
No good. Pure carbs. I hear there are low-carb substitute cereals now…

Quote:
diet coke, diet iced tea
Watch out for that aspartame! What about diet… water!

Quote:
orange juice

Quote:
common thought
Common thought can always be useful although low-carbers have a reputation for thinking out of the can…~

Quote:
strawberry yogurt
That's too sugary mi amiga. Use plain unsweetened yogurt with active cultures (L. acidophilus, S. thermophilus, L. bulgaricus, B. bifidus) yogurt so you can deduce 8 g carbs from the advertised 13 g carbs, so it comes to 5 EEC after deduction instead…

Quote:
orange juice, 2 apples
Sugar, sugar, sugar! Getting my drift?~

Quote:
skim milk
oatmeal
diet coke
Kellogg's All Bran
strawberry yogurt
tomato
diet iced tea
2 apples
unsweetened orange juice
This eerily sounds like "a high-carb version of a low-carb diet" (if there is such a thing)… Yet, it can be a good intro to something truly low-carb…

Quote:
Plan: Suzane Somers
Not as bad as Carbohydrates Addicts but I'd recommend you take a look at Protein Power… (For your info, I would like to point out to you that Suzanne Somers had the "idea" for her diet while on a trip to France [others less charitably insinuate she simply stole the Montignac Plan] but her "medical" knowledge is nil. Most damning of all, she once was seen and later admitted to walking to a clinic to get what she describe as having "an edema suctioned out". The medical community says there's no such procedure. Less charitable souls whisper it's a suzannesomersical metaphor for "getting a liposuction"! )