View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 01:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I was thin [underweight] until about age 10. Then, I started putting fat on. I didn't really become overweight until about age 13. I was watching my old home movies and the difference between ages 12 and 13 is interesting. I was not overweight at 12, but had developed a slight belly by 13. By 14, I reached 190 pounds. That was when I went on my first LF Diet. After 6 months, and just before I turned 15, I was down to 168 pounds. Starving for Red Meat, I gave in and ordered a 16 oz. Ribeye [I hadn't had any Red Meat in 6 months.] Figuring I'd blown it, I also went with French Fries and a Coke [I'd also given up Cola, which is probably the main reason I lost weight, not giving up Red Meat.] I was not able to get back on track after that. In the following 2 years I literally balooned from 168 to 290 pounds, including another LF Diet which lasted 2 months [and I lost about 10 pounds or so.]

At 17, I went off to College. In my first semester I got down to 270 pounds. I had been eating mostly Ground Beef, Subway Sandwiches, and Cola. But, that got too expensive fast. So, by my second semester I was eating mostly Pasta, Rice, Cereal, Bread, and Bananas. I tried including Potatoes, but they were too much of a hassle to cook. I'd eat out once a week or two, which is the only time I'd have Meat or "Vegetables" [which were mostly Potatoes.]

After my second year I was back at 290 pounds, which is actually pretty good considering it was only 1/6 of what I gained in the 2 years prior. After my Uncle died [from Hypertension/Diabetes] I gained another 30-40 pounds, and got up to 320-330 pounds. At that point I went LC. I've now lost about 122-132 pounds [38-40% of my Body Weight] and am back down almost to the weight I was at 14. I'd like to lose maybe another 14-23 pounds which would make for a total weight loss of 136-155 pounds [43-47% of my Body Weight.]