View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 12:32

Plan: The Real Human Diet
Stats: 225/165/180 Male 5'8"
BF:?/?/8.6%
Progress: 133%

"If you're doing moderate or vigorous activity exercise, you use glycogen, which is stored in the muscle. On the Atkins diet, a lot of the initial weight loss comes from breaking down that glycogen and using it up.

"The glycogen is basically your carbohydrate energy stores, that are both in the muscle and the liver. For somebody who's running a few times a week, you're going to be using those energy stores more predominately.

"When you're on something like the Atkins diet, it's going to be hard for you, you're going to feel sluggish. If you were doing something like leisure walking, it's not going to be as much of a problem."

Yes, when you exercise your body does use glycogen...if it is available!!! And what does your body use it there is no glycogen available??? FAT!!! What a novel idea. I walk and run vigorously on a treadmill for 30 minutes every morning. I also work at a job that requires me to be on my feet and moving almost constantly. I am never sluggish and have plenty of energy. How do you suppose they would explain that? I must be suffering from insanity because my brain is being deprived of that wonderful glucose!