#5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-01, 20:14
Registered Member

Plan: Easy Low Carb Living
Stats: 158/118/120
BF:
Progress: 105%
Default Some ideas / answers

Thanks for all the ideas. As for your questions, yes, my friend does eat low carb bars from Dr. Atkins, and she drinks diet drinks. I will mention these to her as possible concerns. She is also on very low doses of a medication that may cause her to retain weight, but she doesn't feel that she can give it up.
She used to drink lots of water, but I will check with her to see if she is keeping that up. She has recently started at a new and fairly high stress job, which I am sure makes things more difficult. In fact, she mentioned the other day that someone had brought a whole box of doughnuts into the coffee room and left them for anyone to help themselves. She resisted, but found it hard.
She does use nuts as a snack or filler, so I will also mention this to her.
She was not losing earlier, but did not feel stalled, because her clothes were fitting differently, and she felt that she was converting to muscle
She is not sure that this is continuing and is just curious as much as anything in terms of why she is not metabolizing her food as she would like to . She doesn't use any of the other Dr. Atkins "fake" food substitutes - is just really good about what she eats.
I will pass along your comments, and would be happy to have anymore suggestions.
Thanks