Old Sun, Oct-28-01, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Re: Hi, newbie here with a question

Quote:
Originally posted by AngieH

Would it be possible for me to lose 40 lbs. by X-Mas by LCing? I realize that this may seem extreme, but I am desperate to look better and feel good about myself during that time (especially when seeing family I haven't seen in a long time).

Welcome Angie ...

I really like your picture, too. I see how you can be motivated by it ... you're beautiful!

I agree with Sharon ... concentrate on learning the wol and not so much on the time line. 40 pounds is a lot to lose in two months. I've been on Atkins since July 27 -- and have lost 33 pounds since then (40 since March). Some weeks it comes off faster, and others slower. I stalled for about 4 1/2 weeks, and I just had to wait it out, drink more water, etc.

I guess my point is ... be careful to set motivating goals that aren't going to sabatoge you. Don't let an unrealistic goal squelch your desire to start living LC. At the same time, don't be afraid to dream dreams.

There is a Christmas challenge going on in one of the forums here ... they have a 25 pound by Christmas goal ... first weigh in is tomorrow I think. You might try checking in with them, if you haven't already.