View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 00:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/150/125 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Reply to Bad Choices

I am so sorry that you are having some low times in your life. Here is my two cents worth...

You can't hope to be happy by the approval of others, even if it is your husband. You have to find happiness within yourself before others will be accepting of you. My husband is a truly kind and decent man. He is gentle and I know he loves me. BUT, if I waited for him to tell me how great I look, or support my goals in weight loss or whatever I felt was important in my life at that moment.... I would be waiting until all the little devils went ice skating and heck froze over. If I expected my hubby to stop by the store on his way home from work and pick up some LC treat to surprise me, well... I would have a long, long wait. You can't change others to make you happy. It just ain't gonna happen. I have waited every year for my husband to surprise me on Valentine's Day with even a single rose, dinner out... something to show he really cares like EVERYONE else's husband does for them. HAH! Ain't gonna happen. But, this year he came home with a giant mylar balloon shaped like a dog and it said, "I love you". He was so proud of himself he could hardly contain himself. Was I thrilled? Not deep down since it wasn't roses or a necklace or something deserving of me. Did I tell him that? NO WAY! Because, deep down I know that to him he had shown me that I am special to him and that he loves me and I should have been thrilled to tears with his expression of love for me. I still have that darned dog sitting up in the bedroom and he beams with pride whenever he sees me look at it.

Men are so different than women. There are so truly romantic men in this world and some truly sensative men in this world. They are the exceptions, not the rule.

How many times have you started a plan to lose weight? How many times have you failed? Maybe your husband is afraid if he acts too enthusiastic or excited about your new way of life and it doesn't work out that if he says something you will be hurt. I am not saying that you will fail. I am saying that when you have had weight issues most of your life, those around us get used to hearing our next plan for weight loss. Most of us have failed miserablely at weight loss and then it is on to the next plan. He may be afraid to get excited about your new way of life with LC. What if it doesn't work out? What should he say? Give him some time and yourself some time too. After all, who did you punish by going ahead and eating forbidden fruit? Your husband wasn't punished by your actions, but you were. You feel guilty and he doesn't. Don't set yourself up for failure by thinking, "okay, I'll show him". You only hurt yourself in the long run and ruin your health in the bargain. If you want to show him, and yourself too, get back on that horse and ride! I am betting that you have the courage, strength and what it takes to meet all of your goals.

We are all on your side and hoping and praying for your success! We are also here for you when you need a friend to lean on.

Warmest Regards,
Denice