View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 19:01

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default For the pastry lovers

I have always been addicted to things like donuts and pastries. Pre atkins I would easily go through a box of cake donuts or iced donuts a day, hostess cupcakes, twinkies etc. I still get a craving from time to time for this stuff. Lately I have found the perfect way to combat it. The atkins bake mix is a life saver to me. I have been making one biscuit out of it by just using the 1/4 cup of bake mix plus the other called for ingredients. That way the net carbs on the biscuit is only 3 carbs and it comes out to be a gigantic size biscuit/pastry type thing. When I make it I do add in vanilla, splenda and cinnamon.

For the topping I do 3 various things depending on what I am craving.

If it's a fruity craving I LOVE the smuckers light sugar free jelly. It has 5 carbs per tablespoon so you can use it sparingly but it's good and it does a great job of flavoring it. When I take the muffin/bun/biscuit thing out of the oven I make sure to load it with butter and sometimes some cream cheese spread on top before I add the jelly. I use grape or strawberry depending on the mood. This is a great breakfast or dessert etc.

The other thing I love is to take butter, cream cheese, splenda and cinnamon and make a cinnabon type glaze out of it. It is really good. Once you eat this you will really be satisfied. It has been saving me.
Sponsored Links