#5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 08:26
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

We got the DATE Right!

Following on the 'cow' theme.........I will share my cow thoughts via a picture speaking a thousand words.

I actually prefer country living rather than in the city. When we look for a house to buy later this year, we will probably look outside the city limits.. with a fenced in yard for the dogs and for my cat to lay out in the sunny yard as well. I do love the convenience of living here in 'town'... but the traffic is getting very annoying, even just the drive 3 miles to my office can take 15 minutes... SERIOUSLY. And a trip to downtown atlanta, plan on it being an all day fiasco. Actually, you just have to learn to time it between the horrible rush hour.. which why is it singular? Atlanta's rush "hour" is a minimum of 3 hours in duration. Minimum. And what is up w/ the hover lane? That is supposed to save time for commuters.. well, half the time THAT lane is slower than the other lanes...

I am glad I am not a commuter!

Have a super Sunday.. going to go shower and head out .. see you all later!

P.s... a friend just messaged me.. told me she took a carb blocker so she could eat at a japanese restaurant last night. She is a diabetic that is not seeing a dr about it.. due to lack of funds, but eats out all the time. I asked her what her fasting bg was this morning after eating and using the blocker, her reply.. I dont know, I dont have any strips, I use my co workers meter once in awhile.
My reply to her: "if you buy the walmart meter, the strips are very iinexpensive.. like half of the others. worth skipping one meal out to buy them" ( she eats out every day )

It's all in priorities, but I do just want to 'slap' her sometimes.. and just say.. shut up, I dont care, you arent being proactive, you arent taking care of yourself, so what do you EXPECT your bg's to be? Then I feel mean..and small.. and have to just remember we are all at different points in our journeys. Still wanna slap the p outta her tho.. "my bad!"

Whats the heads up w/ those carb blockers anyways? Anyone have any experience w/ them? I havent done a stitch of research on them. Did restart taking some chromium p. tho yesterday, have to find what will be a good level to take of that.

Ok, for real this time..have a great day!