View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 07:04

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

chubbywubb...

That's probably one of the sanest ideas I've seen in regards to weight loss in a long time!
So many people get obsessed with the scale and use that alone to gauge whether or not they are being successful with what they are doing; hopping on it multiple times a day and stressing/panicing when they see a very normal rise in weight from morning to evening.
The truth is, the scale is a number and it can lie to you. It doesn't give you a complete picture of what's going on, either.
I think you're idea of just going by how you feel and how your clothes fit as a means to gauge how you are doing is a good one with one caveat; those methods can also be a bit misleading and give you a false sense of security if they are the only things you are relying on.
My suggestion would be to ditch the scale for the most part and maybe weigh once a month. Once you start working on raising your carb allowance, you may need to weigh a bit more often so you can better gauge the effect the higher carb levels are having on your weight. The rest of the time, take measurements; the tape measure (if you are consistent) doesn't usually lie to you and when it comes down to it..most of us have a goal of being smaller. If we can achieve that without obsessing about what we weigh, it seems to me to be a lot less stressful way of going about it.