View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 06:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/159/145 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

I had the problem with extreme fatigue (I'm a mother of 4 young children) and had the same problem-I could easily sleep for 10 hours (like that would ever happen with four small children in the house- but I can dream, right?) and still be exhausted. My problem was I could never get into the deep restorative (stage 4 or Delta) sleep. I'd wake up feeling like a got hit by a bus. I stated taking Valerian before bed a few months ago. It's an herb that works to calm down your central nervous system. I started sleeping much better at night. Then, I just started Restoril 2-3 times a week and the Valerian the other nights and for the first time in 10 YEARS I am finally getting restful sleep. -If you don't get into the stage 4 sleep you can sleep 15 hours a day and still not feel rested. FM sufferes also tend to have bursts of Alpha sleep (level 1) that interfere with level 4 sleep. So you never get a healing night sleep. You also may want to try hot baths and relaxing massages right before bed. Anything that can help you relax and calm down will help you sleep better. Without restorative sleep, nothing else matters.