View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 06:39

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good Sunday morning all!!

We were blessed with a good rain soaker! I am clomping around in MUD boots! I figure that it is a good workout!

CALVING 101
I just finished my shift, not much going on, we had 12 calves born yesterday, and had to put 6 in the shed, to muddy to get on a udder, and the winds were so strong that it chilled a few.(poor babies!) I thought that I would peek my head in now as today will be a CRAZY one with all of the hay to feed and the calves need to get tagged and their shots and be put out in our bigger pasture! Also then we cut in the very heavy mommas so they will be close to the house for watching ( preg. troubles, backwards calf, hoof caught, twins ec. we have only had triplets once, one was so delicate that it died right away and we put one on a mommma that had lost her babe) Since the drought we have sold some cows, we usually calve from Feb-May, We don't have heifers(first year moms) this year so our calf base is done to 250! Usually 300-340. we are officially at the 1/2 way mark now! We haven't had to pull very many either this year!!!

In May we brand them and move to a fresh pasture! Then it is off to farming and haying all summer!

Dawn, You are so funny! I USTO be a city girl, but (sorda like green acres)HA I joined my DH on his ranch and was converted! I love the cattle and have alot of pets, some know their names and follow me around (I fill my pockets with cake cubes) I do ocasionally miss the city life and working with the Red Cross, but I am with the love of my life living on a beautifull place,I can't complain!

Elaine, Hope to hear from you soon! Just take er easy for now and heal up! MISS YOU!!!

Renee, I am sorry to hear about your family facing difficult times, Our prayers are with you and yours!

Bawdy, May your dh be feeling better soon! You should write a book just on the cat stories alone! My dh does not have a great love for cats, BUT I have a house one anyway, sometimes he will sleep with us, but only on my side, HE KNOWS!!!

Wendy, Hey have fun!! and keep your spf30 on!!!

Ellie, You will have to give her some stay cool tips there!

I have to get going for today, everyone here is still asleep so it is my quiet time!

HELLO to everyone else here! Have a GOOD Day!!