Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 03:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Walt
Sigh.

No one eats their natural diets anymore.

Not even chickens, who are fed all sorts of factory-made chemical formulas for marketing purposes.

Dogs and cats are fed cornmeal and wheat gluten.

Cows are fed soybeans and god knows what.

Even the wild racoons in my neighborhood are eating chinese take-out from my neighbor's overturned garbage cans. And FYI, they are grossly fat. The raccoons, that is. (And so are my neighbors, come to think of it.)

You should see the crap in Fish and Bird Food. I remember when I was a kid that we would NEVER feed our fish those colored flakes, because just a little too much and you'd find them the next day bloated, and floating upside down [DEAD] on the the top of the water. I got a look at the label recently and it was mostly Grains, with some Sugar/Sugar Alcohols, and lots of Added Vitamins. I'm still trying to figure out where a fish would get Enriched Rice in Nature...

I was visiting my parents last week, and my dad was putting food in the Bird Cage, and apparently my Mom had bought some "Premium" Bird "Food." A quick review of the label revealed it contained Ground Up Corn, Oats, Wheat, and Numerous other Grains. He usually feeds the Bird [we had 2 of them since I was a little kid, but one of them died a few years ago] Sunflower Seeds...which I think are reasonably close to what a Bird would get in Nature. Again, I'm at a loss to figure out where a Bird would find Enriched Coarsely-Ground Cornmeal in Nature.

The worst is the Dog and Cat Food Commercials that innundate the Airwaves. I keep seeing these commercials bragging about how their Dog/Cat Food contains "Nutritious" Peas, Corn, Wheat. etc...The only thing going through my mind is why would you feed a Dog/Cat that CRAP ??? They sure as hell wouldn't be eating that kind of food in nature. For heaven's sakes, Cats and Dogs are CARNIVORES. That means they are meant to eat MEAT not ENRICHED GRAINS.