View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 00:58

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%
Default Help, daughter is eating me out of house and home!!!

My 7 yr old dd is 4 ft 5 inches and 79 lbs. She is considered overweight. I am starting to get concerned because she is sneaking food upstairs and is hungry all day long. I'm not sure if this is a growth spurt or a new problem. She went from not eating hardly anything to eating all the time.

At first I was making her regular snacks...I make nearly all of her snacks, but recently I decdied that if I am going to make her snacks, I need to provide healthy snacks for her. So though I still have some frozen cupcakes that I recently made, I also made some Banana Oatmeal muffins for her and will be making some Strawberry Banana Bread for her...I also got some fresh fruits. Dd is not low carb, but I am and so I don't want to rely too much on breads with her, even though their healthy choices for normal eaters.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this normal or is this something I should be concerned with? I don't want to put dd on a low carb diet, but she does eat most of the same meals as me...it's her snacks I'm worried about and her constant hunger and her sneaking of foods lately that worries me.
Sponsored Links