View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 17:55
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Cool A plan won't work if you can't stay ON it.

After much thought, I decided to overhaul my eating plan. Atkins was getting too restrictive for me, and even staying under 30g of carbs a day wasn't doing it anymore. I upped my fat and lowered my carbs, I lowered my fat and upped my carbs, I re-did a "clean" induction and lost a whopping five pounds, which came right back with friends the minute I slipped up!

Thanks to all of you who gave me the well-meaning advice to do it "right" when I confessed to eating cereal and fruit when I was sick. I know the proper way to re-introduce carbs and I also know I did it "wrong". I spent a span of several months last year upping my carbs by the 5-gram increments directed in the book (which I have read until it's worn out!)and got all the way up to 30-35 grams a day before I started gaining.

Here's my point, since I do have one!

If a plan no longer works and the deprivation makes you go nuts, it might be time to re-evaluate things. I'm not advocating "plan-hopping", but if you've been stuck for months like I was, I see no sense in banging your head against the wall! One size doesn't fit all, no one plan "fits" everyone. I was feeling so deprived by not having certain foods, like grapefruit and apples that instead of ice cream, I'd fantasize about a nice piece of FRUIT!

Since re-vamping my plan to include certain fruits, some dairy, and a bit less fat and calories, I've finally started losing again!

Atkins is a great plan. So are the other lc plans, though. I'm finding it's good to keep an open mind, though.
Sponsored Links