Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Alright, Kent. Let's start over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent
Hi Its The Gooo,

You would have been better off ignoring my first post rather than stating a bunch of high-carb nonsense.

I don't support a high carb diet (at least not for most people). Finding LC saved me.

However, I also am open minded enough to realize there are many people in the world who do quite well and live long healthy lives eating more carbs than what you or I would do well on.
I am also open minded enough to realize there are many people who feel like absolute crap on very low grams of carbs (yes, even after induction).

Even some LC dieters do better when eating more carbs and fruits than others, I am one of them. I feel much better eating a bit more carbs (currently at 40 net per day) and it doesn't affect my weight any.
Quote:
The insulin rush from eating a high-carb diet does NOT suppress the metabolism as you stated. Suck it up and correct yourself.

Ok let me clarify myself.

In a normal individual it won't. But then again, in a normal individual insulin won't "hype" metabolism either. In a normal individual the insulin reaction is directly equal to the sugar intake action. Any energy you experience from eating a high carb diet is not directly caused by the insulin, though insulin does play an essential role (so essential that energy cannot be had w/o it). In healthy people, insulin is like a negotiator between energy you give it and the body. It allows energy you eat to be used. It doesn't increase the rate of usage.

The problem is that sugar is broken down sooo rapidly that it forces your body to transform energy quickly. This sugar induced increased metabolic rate results in metabolic disorders like IR.

Quote:
BTW, what is your adgenda here. You certainly are not a supporter of low-carb, Dr. Robert C. Atkins or Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades?

I follow my own version of the Atkins plan, and support almost everything Dr. Atkins said. (I changed the plan around a bit to emphasize portion control a little more, because with all the LC alternatives today it is all too easy to stay LC while eating enough calories to maintain).

I've not familiarized myself with protein power, however.
Quote:

Young modern women like yourself are so used to dominating the young modern WHUSSSIE males that you try that power play with everyone. Didn't work this tiime.

LOL! Kent, I don't think you know this, but from the first post you made to me, you have been nothing but disrespectful and rude. If you think the way I responded was uncalled for, I apologize. But, I think if someone talked to you that way, you would be just as upset.