View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-01, 12:05

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 175/167.5/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Question Am I crazy?

Okay--a brief history (very brief). I started PP on Thursday (caved at the end of the day and had Easy Mac). The same day, I bought the Atkin's Lifeplan book, and read it. So yesterday, I was bound and determined to do the Induction diet. BUT I really felt sick with so few carbs by 10 PM that I thought I was going to faint (I have hypoglycemia, maybe that had something to do with it). So I went to the grocery store and bought turkey bacon and lettuce and tomatoes, came back to my room, and made a breadless BLT.

I don't think the Atkins plan is for me. I've done the PP thing before and it worked nicely (gave it up because of college), and I think I'll be much happier with that. The idea of eating only meat and salad for two weeks is not one I like. PP, on the other hand, is better for me. I like the idea that I can have some sugar, as long as I don't go over 30g. I can live with that. But I do have a question--PP says that cutting carbs below 30g/day is pointless because they don't add that many calories. Can anyone give me a comparison--do people on the PP diet lose less in the first two weeks than those on the Atkins plan?

OH!! The reason for my subject. Before I wrote this, I weighed myself, and I apparently lost 5.5 pounds. In two days? Is it water weight? Either way, I'm very excited about that. And another exciting thing--at the beginning of the year, I noticed that my cheekbones weren't as visible as they used to be, and yesterday I looked in the mirror and realized that my face isn't so chubby. I don't think THAT is because of LC, but because I've been working out daily for the last month.

Have a great day!
Erin
Sponsored Links